Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Blog for Unit 4
I have been M.I.A for the past few weeks due to a lot of stuff going on. First off, we went out of town, to Pennsylvania for my husbands family reunion. While we were there, the day before we left my son woke up with 2 bites on his leg that were seeping a yellowish fluid. I was freaked out and we took him to the hospital we go there to find that the doctor said "he was bitten by a bug" (wow what great information that was!) and he gave him an antibiotic to make the infection go away. Well a few days later after being home, he began running a fever. It was 104, I instantly dosed him up with motrin and put him in a luke warm bath, nothing would break this fever! I tried everything, it slowly went down to 99 and when he woke up, it slowly started going back up I decided to go to Children's Hospital and when we got there his fever was above 104. I was so scared, they told me to continue the antibiotics and motrin and benedryl. If his fever was to go back up by Sunday, he was to be taken to the hospital for tests and chest xrays. Finally his fevers went down on Sunday. He's so much better now. I am so relieved that nothing serious was wrong with him. That is what I was dealing with for the Unit 5 week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment