This week has been absolutely crazy. We are in the process of getting ready for vacation. We leave out Friday, and will be coming back next Wednesday. We are going to Pennsylvania, no it's not a "hot" vacation spot, we are actually going for my husbands mom's side family reunion. We are also going to IdleWild while there, which is an amusement park mainly for kids and families. I have been so busy trying to make sure I get and stay ahead with class, and housework. I have already begun packing, so thankful we all have plenty of clothes to be able to pack things a few days in advance. I am so proud of myself, too...since we are going to IdleWild, we really didn't want to be pushing around a ton of strollers, so I searched everywhere for a double stroller. I finally found a very nice one from a yardsale that I found on craigslist, $20.00 and it looks practically brand new besides the foam handles are tore apart. Although my 3 year old can walk, I know he will not want to walk the whole time, and I definitely do not want to carry him!
So, I had to miss Zumba lastnight, it makes me so upset to think about! I really love it, it's such a great workout and so much fun! Just with the way things have been so busy, I have so much to do before leaving, so therefore I had to miss it. I don't think I will be going more than once a week, but I am going to buy the DVD set.
I have been having problems with my kids here the past week or two, I don't know what to do anymore! So any mommies out there with advice, don't hesitate to let me know what you think! My kids are 21 months apart, I have my 3 year old that has always been such an angel, he had very good manners, well behaved, and did whatever I asked him to do. He had done a complete 180, and is now demanding I get him stuff, or demanding I do this or that, if I don't get him something he goes on and on about it and talks very angrily about it. If I ask him to do something he says his legs hurt, or that he's tired. He is SO lazy, for a 3 year old especially...he would rather sit and watch cartoons and eat all day. (He is not overweight) He is so mean to his sister, he pushes her down for no reason, he smacks her, screams at her, tells her what to do. When we go to discipline her, he steps in like its his job and whatever we tell her to do, he echoes us telling her the same, but in a much meaner way. It might be a stage, granted but I just don't know how to deal with it sometimes, or how to even teach him that it's not okay to act like that. It seems when I do he doesn't listen. I have tried time out, I've taken things away that he enjoys most, I've tried it all. I haven't gotten anywhere with these kids. Madilyn is 20 months old and thinks everything is hers, Connor cannot have anything whether it is originally his or not. She is so mean and hateful she screams this ear piercing scream if she's mad, she hits people, if you don't pay attention to her especially. She does stuff intentionally, she knows she'll get into trouble for. If you discipline her, she laughs. She won't stay in timeout no matter what you do. She is in all honestly, a hellian. I do not know what to do with her, she can drive me up the wall sometimes. Any advice would be great, I've thought of a few while sitting here writing this out, so please let me know what you have done, or would do.
I love my kids dearly, really I do. Somedays they just absolutely know how to hit every button I have. I don't let it show that they do, but I know they can sense it. I just don't want to have to live like this being down because I feel I've failed as a parent or something? Anyways, I hope everyone has a great week, and weekend! I will be enjoying time away from reality with my hubby and kids for a few days! I will let you all know how it goes, next week!
*Ashley Ruby*
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
GOD bless you Ashley. We have all been there and I hope this is a short lived stage for your children, some go through this stage fairly quickly and some stay there for years. I think they are just vieing for your attention. Good luck and have a wonderful vacation.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteAshley,
ReplyDeleteI am in the exact same position as you! I love my kids too, but they will push every button and have me on my last nerve! Mine were well-behaved as well; now they talk back, refuse to do what I ask, purposely do what I tell them not to, ugh! I'm not joking, my son uses the "my legs are tired" bit too! He smacks his sister around and is very mean to her as well. This worries me. My son is almost five, he is 4 1/2, way to young too be behaving this way. I recently bought the Total Transformation program in hopes it might work for him. Your son might be too young for this program still, but it might be something you might want to look into in the future. For now, I am sorry but I have ZERO advice for you. I am tearing my hair out, trying to find a solution myself. LOL If you find something that works let me know!
~Nikke
Ashley ,I really can identify with you being a wife and mother of five boys.I have two that are grown. There ages are 19 and 21. My three younger ones are 14,11 and the baby is five. sometimes I feel as though I am juggling. Although my 21 year old does not reside in my home he sometimes stops by to help. I really welcome this, due to the fact that he is in his third year of college and working as well.My advise to you is long suffering,patience and most certainly prayer. Though my husband is very supportive and patient, I find these three things to be very helpful.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck1