I started doing Zumba classes lastnight! I instantly fell in love with it. It is so much fun and upbeat and everyone there is so supportive of everyone and just generally nice. I love to dance and so this for me is totally worth it. The music is a lot of latino, and salsa and it just gets your energy level up. It's very fast paced and what I loved even more about it was that it wasn't step by step learning...the instructor threw us right into it like we had been in her class for months! She didn't sugar coat anything and it was an hour straight of dancing. It was so much fun! I joined the class with a couple friends in order to lose my last 18lbs that I seem to be carrying from my kids, but that cannot be an excuse anymore!
I am big on kids say the funniest things. The other day while preparing dinner my kids were sitting at their table having some apple slices while I cooked. Connor was getting very upset with Madilyn because she wouldn't sit still and stay seated. He thinks that he is her boss. So hubby and I were talking and next thing you know we hear
Connor- Madilyn!!! You better sit down, right now!
Madilyn- Noooooo.
Connor- Madilyn! Don't make me count to 3!
Madilyn- 1-2-3-eeeeee!
Connor- Madilyn, do you want me to spank your butt?!
Madilyn- Spank my BUTT!!!!
Connor- MADIIIILLLYYYNNNN!! DON'T YOU MAKE ME COUNT TO 10, I JUST DON'T FEEL LIKE IT!!!
Oh my gosh, throughout this entire conversation my husband and I were rolling, we couldn't control our laughter but we were hiding in the kitchen so the kids didn't see or hear us. I love my kids, without them life would be so boring! Although they have their moments, what kids don't? I wouldn't trade my life with them for anything.
Ashley Nicole
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Ashley, I have a few friends that also ZUMBA. They love it. Me? Well not so much for dancing. I have a lot of health issues that keep me from moving that fast. It might seem silly to some but if I get overheated I get dizzy. Slight bit of vertigo here.
ReplyDeleteWith the kids, however, I think that they are so funny when they think no one is watching them. They mimic what they see and hear,and I for one have to be very careful around my grand girls. They are at the age when they repeat everything.
Enjoy them now because they grow up so fast...
Ashley,
ReplyDeleteZumba? Never heard of it, but it sounds like so much fun. I am getting ready to move in a couple weeks and maybe I will try and check to see if there is a class nearby. I love to dance and haven't done so in a looooong time. But if it will help me lose weight at the same time as having fun, I am all for it. Thanks so much for sharing the information.
I absolutely love hearing about your children, they are at such a great age where they are learning so much so fast and try to use what they are learning in any way possible. Have fun and keep writing. I really enjoy reading.
Sandy
Ashley,
ReplyDeleteKids are so entertaining. Sometimes you wonder how they come up with these things. My son and daughter have these types on conversation all the time. I swear I feel like video taping it and posting the video on YouTube. I, like you, would have it no other way. Sure, they drive me absolutely nuts, but that's the spice in my life. They keep me on my toes!
~Nikke